Monday, December 2, 2013

Focus on Local: Meet CSA Artist Anne Cherry

ANNE CHERRY 



I grew up in Perry County, graduated from Newport High School, and have degrees in Education, Communications, and Library Science from Shippensburg University.  In 2000 I retired after 30 years of teaching and began focusing on my interests in photography and gardening. In 2005 my husband gave me a digital camera and I began photographing the flowers in the perennial department at the garden center where I worked. When I put the photos on the computer I was drawn to the abstract images I found in the flowers. I began focusing on the abstracts, calling my works Natural Abstracts. My works have been on exhibit and featured in various mid-state galleries, and other venues.  I am a member of the Carlisle Arts Learning Center (CALC) and Shippensburg Arts Programing and Education (SHAPE).  I live in East Berlin PA with my husband, Bill Cherry, and enjoy my artwork, cooking, gardening and fishing with Bill.

As a photographer, I have always focused on composition, looking and waiting for just the right balance of color, light, and position.  I have also been fascinated with these same elements in abstract art.  With the advent of digital photography, I now find it artistically rewarding to combine these two art forms.  NATURAL ABSTRACTS are abstract images I find in my photographs of flowers.  I isolate and digitally enhance the image to create a piece of artwork intended to awaken the inner beauty of nature for the observer.



No comments:

Post a Comment